Connected (later known as Connections) is a round of Never Mind the Buzzcocks which debuted in Series 2. It is named after the Stereo MCs song of the same name.
In this round, the teams are shown clips of two artists or bands and are asked what bizarre link connects them. Two points for a correct answer, one point for getting the theme without getting the answer spot on.
- Def Leppard and The Wedding Present - both bands had a musician missing a limb (Def Leppard's drummer Rick Allen and The Wedding Present's Darren Belk)
- Chris Isaak and Terence Trent D'Arby - both were competitive boxers in their teenage years.
- Lou Reed and Clive Dunn - the connection here is legendary bassist Herbie Flowers (he played the bass line on Walk On The Wild Side and co-wrote Grandad)
- Bjork, Toyah and Sean Hughes - all three had problems with stalkers.
- Marc Bolan and Bing Crosby - both died soon after recording duets for their television shows with David Bowie (Bowie appeared on Marc and duetted on guitar with Bolan; and of course sang Peace on Earth to counter Crosby's Little Drummer Boy on what was to be his last Christmas special)
- Jay-Z and Frederic Chopin - the connection is vodka (Jay-Z bought the US rights for Armadale vodka and there is a Chopin vodka available too - both bottles were shown by Mark and consumed freely by the panellists throughout the recording)
- Rick Astley and AC/DC - both artists' music were played outside the Vatican Embassy in Panama by the US Army to drive out ousted leader Manuel Noriega.